CALL FOR ACTION: Protest against the indictment of Palestinian-American activist Rasmea Odeh
Join the Arab Resource and Organizing Center (AROC), the Palestinian Youth Movement(PYM), and the International Jewish anti-Zionist Network (IJAN):
Protest Against the Indictment of Palestinian Activist, Rasmea Odeh
Oscar Grant Plaza, Oakland
Wednesday, November 13th @ 5pm
The United States Palestinian Community Network (USPCN) and Rasmea’s supporters and legal team have called for the 13th of this month to be NATIONAL DAYS of ACTION to support Rasmea and demand dropping of the charges now!
If convicted, Rasmea faces up to 10 years in prison, being stripped of her U.S. citizenship, and probable deportation. We cannot allow this to happen. The charges against her are a political attack on her as an individual and on Palestinian, Arab and Muslim communities across the U.S. as a whole. The U.S. government is attacking Rasmea just as they attacked the Holy Land Foundation, the 23 anti-war and international solidarity activists in 2010, Chicano leader, Carlos Montes, and many others who have fought for justice and dignity.
- Sign the petition to drop the charges against Rasmea: http://www.iacenter.org/rasmeaodehpetition/
- Call and send photos of support for Rasmea!
- Join the Facebook page: Drop The Charges Against Rasmea Now!
- Mobilize to support Rasmea at her next hearing in Detroit on November 13th. For more information, email the Coalition to Protect People’s Rights email@example.com
- Have your organization sign or write a solidarity statement (email to: firstname.lastname@example.org)