This summer, the Arab Youth Organization is putting on a week a long intensive workshop that is dedicated to develop leadership skills in organizing, activism, speaking skills for Arab youth who are between the ages of 14-22. You will also learn about the past, present and future of the Arab world, the revolutions, and the solidarity between different communities of color working for self-determination and liberation!
Please come out and join us, the week of skills building will include a weekend of fun get-away in activities that you wont want to miss.
All sessions will take place at our office: 522 Valencia St., San Francisco, Ca, 94110
SUMMER CAMP CALENDAR: July 18 – July 24
- MONDAY 10-4pm: Introductions and Team Building — Ropes Course!
- TUESDAY 10-2pm: Breaking down “systems of oppression”
- WEDNESDAY 10-2pm: What is “organizing”? Build your activist skills
- THURSDAY 10-2pm: Palestinian history and current events, plus learn to get your point across!
- FRIDAY 10-4pm: Arab revolutions and the power of youth
- SATURDAY All Day: White water rafting or another all day adventure!
- SUNDAY 1-4pm: BBQ and celebration with friends and family
$100-200 Donation requested to help cover costs. Scholarships available.