AROC is hiring for a community outreach coordinator. We are eager to add more capacity to our organization, particularly at this political moment. Please spread the word.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Position: Full Time Community Outreach Coordinator
Benefits: Excellent health benefits, (fiscal sponsor: Tides Center) insurance
Reports to: Executive Director
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “job application”
The Community Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for developing and coordinating the Community Self-Defense, Know Your Rights and Rapid Response programs of the organization.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Community Outreach (60 %)
- Develops and implements community outreach plans and goals specific to challenging discrimination, surveillance, and targeting of immigrants, Arabs and Muslims.
- Ensures a consistent practice in outreach for folks in the Arab and Muslim community to inform AROC’s work and connect Arab and Muslim communities to relevant immigration services.
- Conducting regular one-on-ones and supervision with clients, and members.
- Through the database, ensures appropriate tracking of individuals and our efforts.
Know Your Rights Program (35%)
- Develops materials for distribution; in Arabic and English.
- Develops and implements KYR trainings.
- Creates spaces for conversations with community members to regularly participate in.
- Trains new members to facilitate anti repression workshops.
Organizational Accountabilities (5%)
- Coordinates the development and semi-annual evaluation of the project’s annual work plan.
- Participates in staff meetings as a place to coordinate with other staff on this program.
- Is regularly active, participating and contributing to political education and leadership development spaces.
Desired qualifications, skills and expertise:
- Bilingual in Arabic / English
- Strong personal organization and communication skills.
- Strong commitment to social, racial and economic justice.
- At least two years of experience in community organizing with communities of color (preferably low-income, immigrant, LGBTQ, or other oppressed communities).
- Knowledge of Arab community history in the US, conditions and community organizing.
- Familiarity with the county of San Francisco and the surrounding region, including – local history, knowledge of various organizations, political issues and players etc. strongly preferred
- Basic computer skills – familiarity with Word, Excel and web browsers required and Google Calendar & Google Drive, graphic design programs preferred
AROC: Arab Resource and Organizing Center is a grassroots organization working to empower and organize our community towards justice and self-determination for all. AROC members build community power in the Bay Area by participating in leadership development, political education, and campaigns. We envision powerful and liberated Arab communities living with dignity from here to our homelands and see the liberation of Arab people inextricably tied to the liberation of all oppressed people.
The Arab Resource and Organizing Center, a project of Tides Center, is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Download PDF Job Description: 2017 Community Outreach Coordinator final
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with subject: “job application”.